What’s a super-consumer, you ask? Okay, so it’s really just a glorified shopaholic. But one of the foremost motivating factors to my entrepreneurial spirit is my intrinsic obsession with discovering the newest and latest in all of the retail categories and by all of the brands about which I am passionate. Given this, it excites me to no end to outwardly seek or stumble into ascertaining products and pieces that are exciting & innovative, twists on traditional, and designed to optimize everyday life in a brand new way.
It is such an inexplicable feeling to finally be able to wear (and even just hold!) the Bow Baseball Hat that was for so long just a vision of my dreams. 💫 Now that the hat is here for us to introduce you to & share, here’s the list of my Summer Essentials to take you here, there, and everywhere in style:
- Birdie Blue Bow Baseball Hat — my pink-loving heart will have to forgive me, but when it comes to my sartorial spirit, I will always lean hard in the direction of blue. The blue Pantone shade took some time to perfect, but it’s just that pure, aquatic near-pastel hue that is my go-to blue. As soon as enough stock came in to fill orders, this was the first one I just had to have! 🧢✨ Now, if only I could pick a favorite pattern between Sailor & Skipper Snap Bows!
- Ice Blue Dudley Stephens Park Slope — yes, they’re worth the hype. I’m always shocked to still be introducing friends & family to my beloved Dudley, but I find it so exciting to be able to proliferate a brand that has become such a staple in my wardrobe. Always a great option for those less-than-70º days, from the phenomenally flattering cuts and color ways, to the sustainable, domestic realization, to the entrepreneurial sisters at its inception, I cannot say enough good things about this top & the Dudley Stephens brand — just endlessly inspiring! This gorgeous blue, whose genesis was a Lemon Stripes 🍋 collaboration, is my absolute favorite, and it’s no wonder it all started as an ideal top to wear on a boat, because it quells a summer breeze like no other.
- Polarized Ray-Ban Aviators 👓 — after a few too many (convincing! I’ll give her that!) lectures about the importance of polarization from our younger sister, Julia, I am convinced it’s always, always, always essential to go Polarized, and these oversized Aviators are a style I’ll never get sick of, especially how well they pair with a Bow Baseball Hat. In All-Black or Gold, I’m a total Ray-Ban fan.
- Agolde Parker Denim Shorts in Swapmeet are one of those pieces you just wonder how it took quite so long for someone to just nail on the head. Loose enough, long enough, lackadaisical enough, the list could go on…
- A puff-sleeved party dress is an absolute must; it’s the best of both worlds taking you from day to night events with ease! This one is a Faithfull favorite, but I’m always on the lookout for this perfectly effortless silhouette.
- Natural/Natural Pocketed Boat & Tote — yes, the LL Bean Boat & Tote 🚤 is the coastal catch-all we all know and love, but I just love the monochromatic twist they dropped this summer.
- SuperGoop! Glow Screen is the ultimate answer for those days “off” (a thing of the past for us at the moment!) when you just want an ever-so-slight bit of something on your face. As expected, it provides a subtle glow and tiny bit of color, and of course, the always-essential SPF! I hear great things about the Glow Stick too, so that’s bound to be my next forage into the SG database. ☀️
- And finally, a monogram-optional 30-Oz. YETI Rambler for Iced Coffee is something I simply cannot live without. Lately though, I cannot get enough of Starbucks Cold Brew (Black, Unsweetened) — and the 40 oz. fridge-friendly bottles have been a total lifesaver this summer, especially when heat wave strikes. I love to add my always-handy SweetLeaf Stevia Vanilla Creme Sweet Drops for an all-natural sweet flavor shot. The spill-proof, sealed slider lid of the YETI means no added plastic straw or stirrer waste, and its insulation keeps it crushed-ice cold (or hot) all day!
Evidently, I have a few more “essentials” than I initially thought, as I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface with these… Stay tuned!! There will definitely be a Part Two sometime soon!